About the Sustainable Conferencing Inititative
Welcome to the Sustainable Conferencing Initiative’s website. The Initiative was launched in October 2020 by The Company of Biologists to provide guidance and support on the sustainability of events. We are also here to offer insights on technologies that can be used for virtual and hybrid events.
Our main aim is to facilitate the discussion of sustainability issues and new technologies in our community. Our main aim is to facilitate the discussion of sustainability issues and new technologies in our community. On our website, you’ll be able to read relevant blogs, best practices and case studies, and find information on how to set up a sustainable event. Furthermore, all registered users can be part of our discussion forum and exchange ideas and experiences.
- Blogs: We’ll be posting blogs on environmental sustainability and social responsibility in events, on new technologies that can help our community interact virtually, and about issues that arise from our discussion forum.
- Resources: Information on platforms, tools, and apps can be found here to help our community make informed decisions regarding event organising. [Coming soon]
- Events: Here you can find a calendar of our events.
- Grants: As part of our Initiative additional funding may be awarded to organisers.
- Forum: Anyone that registers on our website can become a member of our discussion forum, built to facilitate discussion between the members of our community. [Coming soon]
How can I get involved?
- Comments: You can add a comment at the bottom of a post.
- Like posts and comments: You can choose to like or dislike a post or comment by simply clicking the thumbs up or thumbs down icon at the bottom of each post/comment.
- Discussion forum: Share with the community your thoughts, ideas, or issues and be part of the conversation. [Coming soon]
- Drop us an email: We are always keen to hear from you. Share with us any ideas, thoughts, or experiences by just emailing us.
Keep in touch with us
Always know what we are up to by:
Do you have a question or suggestion for us?